PMA30116: Certificate III in Process Plant Operations
Chemical, Hydrocarbons and Refining
- Certificate III in Process Plant Operations
This is a technical qualification designed for advanced operators and operations technicians who use production equipment to directly produce product.
This qualification reflects the role of operators/ technicians, who applies a broad range of skills and knowledge to anticipate problems using product and process knowledge to develop solutions.
To be awarded this qualification, you will need to attain a total of 21 units of competency.
5 Core Units for this qualification:
- MSMENV272 Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- MSMSUP100 Apply workplace context to own job
- MSMSUP102 Communicate in the workplace
- MSMWHS110 Follow emergency response procedures
- MSMWHS200 Work safely
Plus 16 Elective units:
- MEM18011C Shut down and isolate machine/equipment
- PMAOPS303 Operate furnaces to induce reaction
- PMAOPS305 Operate process control systems
- PMAOPS309 Operate solids handling/storage equipment
- PMAOPS365 Operate pelletising equipment
- PMAOPS366 Operate sintering equipment
- MSMSUP303 Identify equipment faults
- MSMSUP382 Provide coaching/mentoring in the workplace
- MSMSUP390 Use structured problem-solving tools
- MEM11011B Undertake manual handling
- MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
- MSMPER205 Enter confined space
- MSMSUP101 Clean workplace or equipment
- MSMSUP106 Work in a team
- PMAOPS232 Operate filtration equipment
- PMAOPS246 Operate separation equipment
Note: Elective units may vary based upon student requirements.
Download Enquire now